These apple waffles are fluffy, moist, and bursting with flavor. They don’t require syrup, just a dash of powdered sugar and they’re ready to devour.
Fluffy Apple Waffles
2/3 cup flour (I substituted slightly less than 2/3 cup cassava flour)
1/3 cup sugar (I used Swerve sweetener)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
3 pieces eggs
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1 small apple, unpeeled and grated
1/3 cup whole milk*
Let’s Get Started
- Preheat and lightly grease your Waffleye Waffle Maker.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta, eggs, vanilla, and apple. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Do not over mix. If the mixture looks too dry, add the milk a little at a time until the batter is thick, yet pourable.
- Add 3/4 cup batter to your waffle maker and spread around evenly. Cook until it stops steaming — about 3 minutes. Serve warm and with your favorite toppings.
- *Note: milk is not always required depending on the brand of ricotta you use. If your batter is pourable, yet thick, you will not need to add milk. If your batter is very dry due to the ricotta, add milk until it is pourable, yet still thick.
Thanks for reading,