Who would have thought the combination of lemon and ricotta would make for such a good-tasting waffle? Well, I had a hunch I guess.
I love all baked goods with lemon: lemon bars, lemon meringue pie, lemon cake, lemon tart, lemon cookies, etc. It was only natural I try and make some lemon waffles. A simple batter with lemon zest and juice is not enough. In addition, I made some paleo lemon curd to spread between two waffles. It tasted like a delicious lemon donut.
Lemon Ricotta Waffles
1 Cup cassava flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sweetener of choice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup full fat ricotta cheese
3/4 cup water
Trader Joe’s dried lemon slices, diced
Lemon curd (see recipe in link above)
Let’s Get Started
- Make lemon curd from recipe linked above. Set aside.
- Preheat and lightly grease your Waffleye Waffle Maker.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sweetener and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk butter, eggs, vanilla, lemon, ricotta, and water.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in diced lemon slices.
- Add 1/2 cup batter to your Waffleye Waffle Maker and cook until it stops steaming – about 2 minutes. This will not fill to the edges, and will make a smaller waffle like the one pictured. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Layer lemon curd between two waffles and enjoy.
Thanks for reading,