When I think of munchie foods, bagel bites often come to mind. But screw bagel bites, these pizza waffles are the shit.
This recipe is super easy, but be warned, it can get a little messy. The dough is canned crescent dough, so that’s cool. To make these bad boys, we pressed two crescent triangles together to form a rectangle, and topped one half (leaving 1/4 inch along edges naked) with sauce, cheese, and mini pepperoni. We folded the un-topped half over the topped half and pressed the two sides together.
Pizza WafflesDifficulty: Easy
1 can crescent rolls
Your favorite pizza toppings (we used pepperoni)
Let’s Get Started
- Preheat and lightly grease your Waffleye waffle maker.
- Open your can of crescent rolls and press two crescent triangles together to form a rectangle. *See picture above.
- Top one half of the rectangle with toppings, leaving 1/4 inch of dough un-topped. Fold the un-topped half over the topped half and press the two sides together to form a calzone.
- Place the calzone square in the center of your preheated waffle maker and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce and enjoy!