For Valentines Day, I wanted to create something pretty. A marbled red velvet waffle was the result.
I found a beautiful recipe for marbled red velvet waffles. I didn’t have any of the ingredients on hand because Grandpa only gets me stuff at the store that I don’t need. He does all the shopping. That man **sigh. Yesterday, he came home with 12 cans of chili and 3 dozen eggs. What am I going to do with all of that? Anyway, I made my own version of marbled red velvet waffles just in time for Valentines Day. Maybe next time he goes to the store he’ll bring me what’s on the list.
Valentines Day Red Velvet Marble
2 cups cassava flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 cups milk of choice
1 mashed banana
6 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp red food coloring (I used McCormick Color From Nature)
White chocolate chips
Let’s Get Started
- Preheat and lightly grease your Waffleye Waffle Maker.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add milk, banana, eggs, and butter. Stir until just combined.
- Separate the batter into two bowls. Add vanilla extract to one, and cocoa and food coloring to the other.
- Pour 1/2 cup of each batter into the waffle maker in a marbled pattern. Cook until it stops steaming, about 4 minutes.
- Serve warm and top with melted white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
Thanks for reading,