These jalapeño cornbread waffles are the perfect savory snack, with a touch of sweetness.
We have to admit, we never get tired of trying new waffle recipes, and this one is a winner. We are suckers for a savory and sweet combo, add a little spice and we’re really talking. These waffles are the perfect combination of savory, sweet, and spicy. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
Gluten Free Jalapeno Cornbread w/ Whipped Honey Butter
These gluten free cornbread waffles are sure to make your taste buds happy.
½ cup honey
1 cup milk of choice
8 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 ½ cup cornmeal
1 ½ cup gluten free all purpose flour
1 ½ tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- Honey Butter
4 tbsp butter, room temperature
½ tbsp honey
Let’s Get Started
- Make the honey butter by beating the honey and room temp butter until light in color and
fluffy. Set aside.
- Preheat and lightly grease your Waffleye Waffle Maker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the honey, milk, melted butter, and eggs until well combined.
- Whisk in the cornmeal, gluten free flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Once combined, fold in the jalapenos
- Scoop ⅓ cup batter into the center of the waffle iron and cook for 3-4 minutes until done.
Repeat with remaining batter and serve with whipped honey butter.