You can’t help falling in love with this sandwich. Filled with bacon, peanut butter, and bananas, this classic will have you singing “You ain’t nothin’ but a hound dog,” in no time.
Lately, Grandpa has been listening to music full blast, you can hear it all the way from china. One of his favorite songs has always been You Ain’t Nothin’ But a Hound Dog. He used to sing that song while attempting to play his banjo, I think that was the only song he knew. In honor of the loud music, I decided to make him an Elvis sandwich for lunch. It really got his hips thrusting. I haven’t seen him move like that in years.
This sandwich is filled with bacon, banana, and peanut butter, and I’ll be damned if it wasn’t one of my favorite sandwiches I’ve made on my waffle iron.
This is one of our new favorite lunches. It is so easy to make, especially because we always have leftover bacon from our Sunday morning breakfast with the family. It’s salty, creamy, and filling.
The Elvis Panini
2 slices white bread
3 slices thick cut bacon
1/4 banana, sliced
2 tbsp peanut butter
Let’s Get Started
- Start by cooking the bacon. My favorite way to cook bacon is in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 F and cook bacon for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crisp. If you’re in a hurry, you can microwave it on high for 4 to 6 minutes. Make sure to lay bacon on, and cover with, a paper towel if cooking in the microwave.
- Preheat your Waffleye waffle maker.
- Layer peanut butter, banana, and bacon on a slice of bread. Top with the other slice, and butter the outside of both slices.
- Place on your preheated waffle maker and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Eat warm and enjoy.
- If you like extra peanut butter, you can spread it on both pieces of bread.
There you have it, quite possibly the best sandwich I’ve ever made in my Waffleye waffle maker.
Thanks for reading,