These pasilla chilis are filled with shredded cheese and then grilled on the waffle maker for a quick, summer dish. But beware, they can get a little messy.
These chilis are so easy to make, and only take about 5 minutes. Simply cut the top off and deseed each chili. Fill with shredded cheese, leaving about an inch until the top so that the cheese does not overflow when melted. Then, place them on the waffle maker and close the lid gently. The lid will not close all the way, but as the chilis cook, they will soften and the lid will be able to close more. Grill until your desired doneness and enjoy with a tortilla, some meet, or whatever your heart desires.
Grilled Stuffed ChilisDifficulty: Easy
Shredded cheese, such as jack, cheddar, fontina, etc.
Let’s Get Started
- Preheat and lightly grease your Waffleye waffle maker.
- Cut the top off and deseed each chili.
- Fill the chili about 3/4 of the way full with shredded cheese.
- Place on preheated waffle maker and gently close the lid.
- As the chili cooks, it will soften. You can flip it as needed, and gently close the lid more as it softens.
- Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Repeat with remaining chilis and enjoy.
- As the cheese melts, it may overflow onto the cooking surface. It is easy to scrape off with a rubber spatula. If you have trouble getting the cheese off, you can pour a little oil on it and let it soak. The oil will loosen any food residue. Once it has soaked for awhile, and the waffle iron is cooled, wipe it off with a paper towel and repeat as needed.