These waffles are void of everything good in life, but somehow they still taste like heaven.
I’ve been cooking a lot during this quarantine, but you know what I haven’t been doing, getting my hair done. Of course since I’m in my 80’s I can’t go anywhere. Im stuck in this house with Grandpa, and my hair is as flat as a pancake. I look like the last rose of summer, it’s pitiful.
In honor of being stuck at home and having very ripe bananas, I decided to make some banana bread waffles. These are gluten-free and vegan, but don’t worry, Grandpa still proclaims they’re the best he ever had.
Healthy as Shit Banana Bread Waffles
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax + 5 tbsp water = 2 flax eggs)
2 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup applesauce
1 1/2 cups oat milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup gluten free flour (or regular flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
chocolate chips (optional)
Let’s Get Started
- Make flax eggs by mixing ground flax with water, set aside.
- Preheat and lightly grease your Waffleye Waffle Maker.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Mix in applesauce and oat milk.
- Add flax eggs and oats to mixture and let it rest for a minute as the oats soak up some of the liquid.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until done.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Thanks for reading,