This COVID-19 quarantine has me using all of the freezer burned items I can, which lead me to create: Waffled Tots.
You can only eat so many waffles, you know? I wanted something different for breakfast this morning, so I searched through all the freezer burned food until I found something I could cook in the waffle iron. And there the red bag of glory was, filled with ice-covered tater tots ready to be crisped to perfection. When I served Grandpa this tater tot waffle breakfast, he was thrilled. I’ve never seen his eyes get so big.
These waffled tater tots really are good, and oh boy are they easy to make too.
- Start with a very large handful of tater tots and defrost them in the microwave for about 2 minutes on 50% power.
- Once they are at about room temperature, layer them in the preheated waffle maker in an even layer.
- Make sure there are no gaps between the tater tots. Press the top of the waffle maker down firmly and smash the tater tots in just a bit.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and then check on the tater tot waffle.
- If there are gaps in between the tater tots, you can fill them in with more and continue to cook.
- Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Thanks for reading,