Chocolate and Raspberries: a match made in waffle heaven.
If you haven’t had the pleasure of trying a Nutella stuffed waffle topped with raspberry compote already, brace yourself, it’s pure magic. This rich, chocolate filled waffle pairs perfectly with fresh fruit compote. And don’t worry, if you’re too “impaired” to make this from-scratch version, see our notes at the bottom of this recipe for an easier version as well.
April 20th, or as some call it, 4/20, is just around the corner. And with the magical holiday fast approaching, we are prepared with many 4/20 inspired recipes. This one does not fall short. It is simple, but so delicious. And while it doesn’t possess anything strangely out of the ordinary, like a potato chip, strawberry and bacon combo, it does have Nutella, and that’s stoner-friendly enough.
Chocolate Stuffed Waffles w/ Homemade Raspberry CompoteDifficulty: Difficult
Make sure to check out our notes on the bottom of this recipe for an easy, stoner-friendly version.
1 ¼ cup milk
2 cups all purpose flou
4 tsp baking powder
2 ½ tbsp brown sugar
5 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
Pinch of nutmeg
Nutella or another chocolate spread of choice
- Raspberry Compote
2 dry pints fresh raspberries
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup water
1 lemon, juiced
Let’s Get Started
- Make the raspberry compote by combining all ingredients into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, lower the heat and allow the raspberries to cook down to a syrup-like consistency. Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat and lightly grease your Waffleye waffle maker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk and eggs.
- Whisk in the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and a
pinch of nutmeg until combined.
- Place 1/4 cup batter onto the waffle iron, followed by 1 to 2 tbsp of chocolate spread, and another 1/4 cup batter on top. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until done. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with homemade raspberry compote and enjoy!
- While this recipe uses a basic waffle batter, we also want to add a stoner friendly version too. That is, an easy-to-make version that is equally delicious.
- Instead of making the waffle batter, simply use puff pastry or crescent roll dough instead. Start with a layer of puff pastry or crescent roll dough, layer a spoonful of chocolate spread on top, and then top with another layer of puff pastry or crescent roll dough. Press the edges together to seal. Place on your heated and lightly greased waffle iron. Cook for about 3 minutes or until browned. Top with your raspberry compote, or store bought jam.